Sunday, November 4, 2007

OVERDUE

Well, we’ve passed our due date and I’m still pregnant. I know, I know it’s normal. But that doesn’t make it any more fun. I’ve read that only 20% of babies arrive on time, but I was really hoping to be one of the rare few who deliver on time. Alas…

On the other hand, I’m also told to be careful what I wish for and that I should really be enjoying this time. So that’s what I’m trying to do. My in-laws are in town and so far are doing a great job not letting me do anything while they cook us great meals. That’s not a bad gig, huh?

We’re back to the doc on Monday morning so hopefully we’ll have more info then.

In the meantime, we wait…

But I have had a few other thoughts while I wait that actually have nothing to do with babies – weird huh?

1) The Elvis Lives museum is closing. The owner is selling it and has long maintained that The King is still alive and in the witness protection program. I got to thinking, I hope so. I hope The King is still alive. Just think what a treat it would be to sit back and see your name on top of all the Dead Celebrity lists and be reminded of all you’ve accomplished and the joy you’ve brought to people. I hope that he is here to see it – not necessarily while hanging out at a convenience store though… as is usually the location of the sightings.

2) Ginger caught scent of something while out on the Jordan River Parkway yesterday which, as you know if you’ve read this blog, is NEVER a good thing. At any rate, the next time we saw her, she had no collar. So, not sure if you’re ever at the Parkway, but if you are… it’s a pretty red, Hawaiian flower collar with a very scraped-up tag saying ‘Ginger.’

3) I’ve decided to always try the ‘Seasonal Special’ at restaurants. Whether it be a fancy dessert, beverage or anything really. I’ve decided that provided there are no raisins, I’m going to try it. So far, I’ve found I’ve been very happy with my decision.

4) If dogs are so eager to lick – EVERYTHING, why can’t they lick up the hair that they shed?

5) It’s hard to hide your enthusiasm for chocolate when your in-laws are in town. Don’t get me wrong, they’d never say anything and mostly we’d just laugh about my daily need for a little dose of the dark stuff. But, I still hate looking utterly pathetic. So, the stash is hidden as are all the wrappers!

See, I’ve had a few non-baby thoughts. Though most of my spare time is spent thinking about how my life will be a month from now, wondering how the whole labor-thing will be, trying to finally decide what to name the little gal, hoping Ginger will be a good big-sister, wondering when I’ll have time to read a non baby-rearing book again, anticipating when I won’t have to make bathroom trips every 45 minutes, looking forward to watching Mark as a Daddy….

It’s such a strange time; having prepared for nine months, feeling mostly ready and then just waiting for something THIS big to happen. Everything feels normal now but I know better.

It’s amazing I’ve had any coherent thoughts at all.

Keep checking – we’ll post pictures as soon as we have them which will be, hopefully, soon!

No comments: