Monday, November 5, 2007

Tonight's The Night

So, it’s Monday evening, Ginger is resting against me on the couch, "King Of The Hill" is on TV and I’m going to have a baby tomorrow morning! YIKES!!!! How crazy is that?!

We went to the Doc this morning and he doesn’t want to wait any longer (neither do I). But now that the decision has been made – it feels so final.

There’s something so strange about choosing your ‘last meal.’ I’ve been told not to eat after 2p and to go out for a “nice lunch.” So, off we went to Famous Dave’s. A little BBQ before birth has got to good, right? That was the choice because not only do I love it, we figured it would stick with me the longest.

So, tomorrow at this time, it’ll all be over. All the anticipation, reading and worrying will be a thing of the past. Unless of course, it’s a miserable labor then I guess I could still be at it. Please keep your fingers crossed for being all done by this time tomorrow night. Please.

I feel mostly calm about the whole thing. But I get hit with moments of wanting to cry. I’m not sure what I’m crying about. I’m excited about making this step and I’m pretty sure we’re ready for it. This is silly, but I get sad for Ginger. I know she knows something is up and I think she knows it’s not going to be a good thing. So I’m sad for her – which made Mark chuckle a bit and lovingly reassure me that she’ll be okay.

I’m also sad at losing the life we have now. Not the freedom part, but our cozy little threesome. We have our threesome and our routine and we’ve been really happy. I guess that’s leaving me a little sad. We take our morning walks, Ging hops up on the bed while we’re waking up and the three of us like to pile on the couch for ‘family time’ and TV watching. The logical part of me knows that it will really be the same… We’ll just have an extra - the more the merrier, right?

So, it’s 5:30p. We call the hospital in an hour and will be checked in shortly after that. I guess I’ll go finish my bag o’ goodies and take my last fairly normal shower; take my last sip of water and give Ging a final goodbye hug and kiss…. From here on out, it’s the new frontier…

2 comments:

Just the four of us said...

wow!!! I'm so happy for you guys. You will be great parents. I feel for ginger but she will be alright. If not you'll need to get her a companion. Jaqueline

Rascal_Cube said...

I have to know what Mark's thinking. I'M FREAKING OUT! I keep putting myself in his shoes and think, Geez! I'm so nervous!!! You guys are going to be great parents and the new little lady will be the luckiest little lady alive!