Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Baby Update

Well, here I sit.

Today’s blog entry HAS to be all about the baby since we’re 2 days away. What do you do when you’re 2 days away? I hope you’ve checked out Mark’s Daddy blog – he talks about the calm before the storm. He’s right. Have you seen Jaws? You know those moments before the shark appears where the men are sitting around yapping. They seem relaxed but there’s something in the air… they KNOW that something big is about to happen… soon. That’s where we are. We try to act like everything is status quo but we know better. I’m not really sure what to expect.

Here we are…

Waiting…

Mark’s folks are rolling into town Thursday. I hope the baby shows up mostly on time (which would be Friday). Otherwise, I’m worried it’ll be his folks and me sitting around looking at each other… waiting.

Wouldn’t it be nice if it could always be a set date? Like it is with a scheduled C-section… The worst part is I could still be over a week away. Yikes! I don’t think baby and I can hang on that long. She’s not comfortable in there anymore and I want my body back. This sharing thing is no longer mutually beneficial.

So here’s the update: Everything at the doc’s still checks out and nothing has changed. The one thing he is concerned about is my blood pressure, which has crept up a little bit. I go back in on Friday. I’ve been told to take is easy this week. Which, let’s face it, is fairly easy to do for an unemployed gal 9 months pregnant. I suppose if my blood pressure continues to go up they could take the baby this weekend. But, the doc is hoping to buy me a little bit of time. So, I’m just taking it easy.

I went to the dermatologist today. The nurse came in and was going over my info and said “So, you’re taking pre-natal vitamins?”

“Yeah”

“Are you trying to get pregnant now?”

WHAT? Surely I at least look a LITTLE bit pregnant, right? I mean, I have this belly. I looked at her blankly and said “Well, I’m due any minute now.”

And then we stared at each other; both in disbelief of the other. Not sure what that was all about.

So, thank you to those of you who have asked me how the pregnancy is going. I’m feeling all sorts of emotions… tonight I’m mostly worried. Worried… hopeful that everything will turn out okay. Perhaps her movement right now is a sign that everything will be fine?

1 comment:

The Dean's said...

I can't wait to see this cute baby! GOOD LUCK! I'm thinking aobut you!