Thursday, October 18, 2007

Ellen And I Are Disappointed

So, you've seen the Ellen Degeneres clip haven't you?



It stopped me in my tracks seeing Ellen sobbing like that. She's usually so perky – something was amiss. The whole dog saga aside – frankly, I don't know how ANYONE went into a home with 2 young girls and ripped a little dog out of their arms... but anyway...



I imagine that would be the day I ended up with tickets to Ellen's show. I would have made the trek out there with my sisters, spent hours deciding and talking about what to wear, waited in line, excitedly found our seats and sat there in anticipation of dancing with Ellen and maybe walking away with a freebie or two.



Then that.



Can you imagine? The story is heartbreaking and I feel badly for Ellen – who clearly feels awful. But I know I'd be sitting there looking around thinking 'Are we going to dance today?' 'Umm... Ellen... after commercials can we dance?'



I was lucky enough to go to Oprah once. I had a girlfriend living in Chicago and she had friends who worked for the 'Queen.' So they got us some tickets and off we went. It was great – a ton of fun and so neat to see how it all worked. But, as I sat there before the show anticipating an 'Oprah's Favorite Things' episode, imagine my disappointment when the topic was how to talk to your teenage kids. This was almost 10 years ago – I was years away from having kids or caring if I could relate to them. Though the experience was neat, it certainly wasn't as much fun as the episodes I watch from my couch.



So if you were at Ellen that day, I guess it's two-fold: 1) You were there on quite a big day. Everyone will know they day you went to Ellen. Or 2) I'm sorry. How disappointing you didn't get to dance with Ellen.



Hmm... I hope I'm not the only one who would be disappointed by that.



Would love to hear your thoughts!

Showtune.erica@Hotmail.com

No comments: