Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Babies, Dogs, Cars and 2 Year Olds

Okay it’s time for a baby update.

As many of you know, KOSY fired me. It was a very unceremonious ending to a pretty decent stint there, but alas…

On the flip side, many of you have asked me about how my pregnancy is going. We’ve been a little remiss in doing updates so we need to get back at it.

If you’re interested, you can now start checking the baby blogs for regular updates for both the mom’s blog and the dad’s. I’m a month away!! YIKES!!

We went to our birthing class this weekend and I think my belly button is going to pop out - My new concern. You can read about those things in the baby blogs (yes, we actually did this pose.)

In other news…

Ginger may have a partial tear in her ACL – something to do with the knee. She’s a super-active dog and I think it just happened while doing her usual hijinks. Nevertheless, I now have a dog that LOVES to run and chase, won’t use her back right leg and could be facing an $800-$1,800 surgery. We’ve been told to have her rest as much as possible (which is killing all of us) and give her something to stop the swelling. Hopefully it’ll do the trick.

I also have a car that doesn’t want to start on command – nice, huh? It’s just a little fussy. I have to push the clutch in and if it doesn’t start then I have to do it again. Then it usually starts right up but I’m worried there’s going to be a day when it just decides it doesn’t want to start at all. Ugh. Why do all the financial burdens happen at the same time?

And then there’s the baby nursery. We still really need to get that put together. I’m guess I’m sort of in denial. Mark and I were ready to buy a house when KOSY canned me and I guess I’m still hopeful that we can figure out a way (the house we want is still on the market). I suppose it’s time for me to resign myself to the fact that we won’t have the house or the room I had hoped for and I just need to get the nursery put together. At this point, the baby may decide she’s ready to make a move early… who knows (of course, she’d be the first in the family to arrive ‘early’ to anything!)

Nothing super-entertaining for you, my apologies.

This Friday we’ll have a chance to practice our parenting skills – we’re babysitting our 2 yol niece, Katie. I’m hoping it’s all fun and games… we’re going to go out and about, grab some lunch and then over to grandma’s to frost sugar cookies! Hopefully it’ll go smoothly….

Send your thoughts!

Showtune.erica@hotmail.com

1 comment:

The Dean's said...

When can we lunch? We need to talk!