Monday, October 8, 2007

Aging Like A Fine Wine?

Perhaps I’m getting old. I hope not. I try not to lose my patience, but I seem to more and more.

I really don’t like stupid people. Or, perhaps to state more correctly, I don’t like people who act stupidly.

Picture, if you will, a crowded IHOP at breakfast time. I look across the restaurant and see a big, tall teenage son shoulder-butting his big dad. The first one didn’t bother me – a sign of affection. No big deal. Then he did it again and soon the dad was doing it in return. Bear in mind that others are trying to eat their breakfasts at the same time these two ‘grown’ buffoons are doing whatever ritual they’ve dubbed this. Would anyone else have been bugged or am I getting crabby?

What about at Albertson’s check-out. I’m waiting patiently with my jug of milk, bananas, and Clorox and the two college-aged kids think it’s funny to try to swipe their backpacks. Excuse me? Do I look I have time to sit here through your asinine ‘fun and games?’ Put down your stupid bags and scan your groceries – PLEASE! The WalMart self check-out is worse. There they have a limit, 20 items or less. Am I the only one irritated when a slack-jawed man and his look-alike son stand over their brimming cart trying – SLOWLY – to find the bar code and getting it to read? COME ON!!!!

Don’t even get me started on teenagers at the movies, the sample tables at CostCo and anyone loudly blowing their nose at the table in a restaurant.

I do really try to be patient and I hope this isn’t a sign of me growing into a curmudgeonly old coot. Surely you’ve had similar experiences, right?... Right? Please drop me a line and let me know I’m not alone in this!


Showtune.erica@hotmail.com

No comments: