Thursday, October 4, 2007

And You Thought I Did Nothing All Day

So far today, I’ve fallen down AND been yelled at by a hot-head in a truck. Not bad for an unemployed pregnant gal huh?

I’ve read that clumsiness is a common problem for pregos. Our bodies are kickin’ out a hormone called Relaxin (or something like that) which helps everything loosen up for the big day. But, on the other hand, it loosens up all your ligaments BEFORE the big day. Therefore… I seem to be falling a lot.

I’m walking through the parking lot at Trolley Square and I noticed the uneven pavement on the way into the mall, but I guess I didn’t see it on the way out. I was calling Mark before he left for work and wasn’t looking – I know, I know, lesson learned on walking and dialing – and down I went. (Luckily not on a nationally televised program while trying to look graceful.) Phone grinding against the black top, my right foot folded under itself scraping my arch along the ground, should have gotten a hole in the knee of these jeans and got dirt under my finger nail. Not to mention, horrid embarrassment. I hopped into the car before I assessed my damage. Not much to speak of except a scraped up phone and a slightly sore neck. Bleh.

After getting my bean burrito for lunch, I headed out to my folks to use their MUCH faster internet service. On the way there, a guy was backing out of his driveway in a big red truck. He didn’t look at all, he just charged out. Obviously, I was concerned that he didn’t see me, so I beeped the horn. BIG MISTAKE!!! He gunned his big truck and rode my behind all the way through the neighborhood. When we finally came up to a T-turn, he gunned his truck again and pulled up right alongside me almost stopping me from moving on. So, I rolled my window down, ‘this ought to be goo

d’ I thought. Boy did I get an earful.

He couldn’t BELIEVE that I would honk at him and he watched me and I had plenty of room to just go around. I kept saying “I didn’t know if you saw me or not” “OH I SAW YOU!!!!” He was wildly waving his arms around, pulling hideous faces at me. Then I thought I’d use the sympathy card “Do you always go around yelling at women who are 8 months pregnant? What a big man you are!” “WHY DON’T YOU GO GET YOUR HUSBAND (sorry Mark) YOU KNOW WHERE I LIVE!!!!!” I’ve never seen anyone SO upset. And at what? I mean, was he already mad at something when he left his house? Did my stupid little Outback horn REALLY push him over the edge like that?

I finally just said “

Well, have a lovely day. I hope you just have a great day!” And rolled my window up. After mocking me for 15 seconds, he just sat there. I motioned for him to go on ahead and he shook his head no. He just sat there. I motioned again, he did the same. Well I wasn’t about to get in front of this nut-job, but he certainly wasn’t budging. So I put my car in reverse and backed the hell out of there. He sat for a second and then sped off so fast it worries me for all the kids getting off school buses.

So, he’s out there. I’m sorry for the wrath I caused and I hope no one else encounters this man. The strange thing is, he’s like 60 years old. I can’t imagine my sweet dad berating some gal somewhere over anything. What is this man’s problem? Where did we all go wrong? Shouldn’t there be some type of breathalyzer in cars to gauge how angry you are? It could be an angrylyzer…. Or a hot-headalyzer. A man like that has NO business being behind the wheel! (I’d better go; he’s probably vandalizing my car right now!)

1 comment:

weazel said...

Where's your husband? Don't get your husband in trouble. Offer up your brother in law next time instead. He can probably hook you up!