Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Joy

Have you ever commented that something is a lot of work and someone quipped “Everything worth doing is.” And you had admit, “True.”

Thus the grand mantra of parenting… and I’ve only just begun.

Just when I was finishing my 8th feeding of the day and cleaning bottles for the 9th, there was a little moment that stopped me cold, “So THAT’S what they’re talking about!”

I stood in the kitchen holding Victoria with my left arm, taking a few pics of her peaceful face with my right, when I caught a truly priceless moment of being a mom:


4 comments:

The Dean's said...

I love her. She is TOO cute! I loved visiting with her! See you soon for dinner!

Neisha Wetzel said...

I have the most beautiful niece EVER! I can't wait to meet her. These pics made me want to cry...she is so sweet.

Neisha Wetzel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
stresover said...

I love the baby pictures. My sister who's married to a relative of your motherinlaw told me about your blog. I live in Northern California. I love the way you expressed your feelings at the loss of your job. My husband lost his job Nov 30 after five years and it was the same corporate crap.

Good luck on your new career. The baby is darling. You take great pictures and are a fantastic writer.