Monday, September 10, 2007

YAY - And Thank You!

Every now and then, in a world that just isn't always fair, something happens to renew your spirit.

I was fired from KOSY. It came as a blow. I loved the job, loved sharing mornings with people but mostly, I LOVED Showtune Saturday Night! Every week it was a wonderful escape for me to thumb through my CDs, cater the show to what was going on here on SLC and on Broadway and to share that great music with listeners. What a treat! You have no idea how rewarding it was to read e-mails about helping people plan their trips to NYC, or the fact that they bought music they'd heard on the show, or became brand new Showtune lovers. That's every DJs dream... to have any kind of impact. Imagine the joy!

The past few weeks have been heartbreaking for me. Not only am I NOT doing what I so loved every Saturday for the past 7 years, somebody else is!! It just hasn't seemed fair. I can't listen anymore and now Saturday nights feel REALLY empty.

Imagine my delight to stumble across the comment board on The Deseret News website:
http://deseretnews.com/user/comments/1,5150,695203677,00.html

Great listeners have gone to this website to show their support for me!! THANK YOU! You have really cheered me up. It's been really hard to be kicked out so abruptly. If you've ever been "let go," you know what a kick it is to your ego and hard it is to feel worth much. It really means the world to me to hear folks out there who enjoyed my shows and what I did. Thank you for taking the time to make a post.

Keep checking back and I'll be posting here regularly. By the way, you can always e-mail me directly by going to:

Showtune.erica@hotmail.com

No comments: