Tuesday, September 18, 2007

TV Season

I’m so delighted that so many of you:

a) Have found my new blog
b) Are checking my blog regularly
c) Enjoyed my harrowing tale with Ginger and the raccoon.

If you’re just finding me, KOSY fired me. Well…. They “let me go,” (if you want to be PC about it). I SO appreciate your support, e-mails to me and e-mails to KOSY. I’d LOVE to hear from you! Unemployment is so lonely! Showtune.erica@hotmail.com


Okay, moving on…

Unemployment is a total downer. Everyone tells me to “enjoy it.” And I get what they’re saying. I mean, it sounds nice, doesn’t it? Sleep in, shower if you feel like it, make a leisurely breakfast, walk the dog, watch Ellen, make some sort of a dinner for Mark, watch some TV and hit the hay. Not bad. I’d like to enjoy it, really I would. But how do you do that when you have a baby on the way, haven’t bought most of what you’ll need and aren’t sure what your financial future holds? It’s hard to really enjoy dancing with Ellen (though I still do).

And in the meantime, I focus on the upcoming TV season!! That’s what the unemployed do, right?... Something about TV, the couch and bon bons?


First of all, Grey’s Anatomy kicks off on the week of the 24th, I believe, and I can’t wait! I got completely hooked on the show back when I was set to interview Patrick Dempsey and felt a little foolish that I knew NOTHING about his hit show. So, I thought… ‘well, I’ll rent season 1 and just see what it’s all about.’ Needless to say, I became obsessed with getting my hands on the next disc and the next. I’d often drive all over town trying to find a video store that had them in stock. I’m now happy to say that I have them all watched, I’m all caught up and I’m ready to settle down every Thursday night (listen up baby in my belly… Thursday nights are mine!)

Speaking of Thursday nights… The Office!!! Mark and I have been absorbed all weekend with Season 3 DVDs. It’s one I’d heard was funny but had never watched. Then Mark got Season 1 through NetFlix. I happened to catch an episode or two and fell in love with it. It’s hilarious!! For anyone who has ever worked with a dysfunctional boss and random co-workers, you’ll love it! I’m waiting for Mark to get home now so we can watch Disc 4 of Season 3 and be ready for the season premiere.

Those are the biggies. I’m still watching Desperate Housewives, though there are fewer and fewer of us. I’m home alone on Sunday night so I enjoy settling in with Ginger and some dinner. I also really like Ugly Betty. I’m trying to figure out how to watch that and The Office, and Grey’s all on the same night. I’ll start by taking the phone off the hook… Perhaps it is time for TiVo.

But, I’m nervous. As I’ve typed this the baby has moved constantly. I hope that doesn’t mean she’ll be as big of a distraction when the shows are actually on. That could mean a long winter for the both of us!

No comments: