Friday, July 27, 2007

I Love Birthdays

I love birthdays. I know, I know, it’s all about getting older, more decrepit, loss of memory, slower moving, graying, lines etc. etc. blah, blah. Growing up you hear those jokes so many times that you truly DO start to dread it.

But, I’ve decided to put all that aside and not just for MY birthday.

Birthdays add a little spice to life. A little paprika during a boring ‘casserole’ of a week (how’s THAT for an analogy?)

What other time is someone going to get me a cake? I can honestly say there is not one other day when that would ever cross anyone’s mind.

I get phone calls from friends, cards in the mail, taken to lunch, and sometimes a little token of a gift.

Why would anyone have a hard time with that? It’s fun!

Look at this cake made by Baker Bill!! He owns Leslie’s French Pastry in Holladay (278-3341). I like to mention that but Bill hates it when I do. He’s the nicest friend and listener and he made the most unique, Erica-specific cake I’ve ever seen. I literally squealed with delight. Not to mention, it was super-tasty too!

So for you birthday bah-humbuggers… here’s a list of great things about getting another year older:
Cake!
A present or two – come on… admit it… it’s fun!
People thinking about you.
Being called the “Birthday Girl”… even still.
Being taken out to lunch/dinner.
Hopefully being surrounded by people you like.
Hearing people say “You look great!” (Doesn’t matter if they mean it!)
Colorful gift bags, with colorful tissue paper sticking out the top.
Treating yourself to something extra
Birthday calories don’t count!!!!!!!

No comments: