Thursday, August 9, 2007

Shakes Fest

Every summer I look forward to it.

I love the Festival. I love the Adams outdoor theatre. I love the gold plating inside the Randall L Jones Theatre. I love the colorful banners that hang throughout the city. I love the fresh tarts (I recommend raspberry and blackberry!) I love the little gift shops. I love my dinners at The Garden House and breakfasts at City Creek Restaurant.

And, above all, I love the plays.

How lucky we are to have such professional quality, world-class, TONY award winning theatre right in our own backyard!

Is it rude of me to say that if you haven’t been down, you’re foolish? Is that too harsh?

Trust me, it’s worth your time. It’s just over 3 hours away and less than a tank of gas and you’ll feel like you’ve left the state. It’s such a treat!

This year my husband took his camera down. He did a story on the Festival’s Green Show. You’ll be able to watch it here soon – I’ll post it as soon as it’s finished. Here he is interviewing Festival Founder (and a VERY nice man), Fred Adams.

GO SEE LEND ME A TENOR!!!!

This musical has me itching for the CD like crazy – but they’re not able to do one just yet. It’s miserable having to wait. The music is so catchy and so sing-able and SO great! I find myself just singing the same lines over and over (since that’s all I know).

They have 6 shows to choose from so there is something for everyone.

So, go to http://www.bard.org/, order your tix, book a room. Then settle in with a fresh tart for the Green Show, off with your theatre compatriots to your show then head for a dessert afterwards to talk about it. You won’t be sorry!

No comments: